Posted to oro-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2001/12/18 19:07:29 UTC

Re: Just joined

>When you use the Awk... classes and the AwkStreamInput to do regular
>expression matching and give it a binary file to work on, it throws an =
>ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. As far as I can see, this is due to the =

Without a code example and sample input reproducing the problem there is
now way to say what you're running into.  Remember, the awk package only
works with ASCII, so if you feed it arbitrary Unicode you will get index
out of bounds exceptions during matching.

daniel

Re: Just joined

Posted by Hardeep Singh <ha...@in.velocient.com>.
Hi,

Thanx for your response.
Take any regular expression and search for matches in a JAR file. Use the
contains method that takes a AwkStreamInput. You will know the problem. If
you cant replicate, tell me.

Hardeep