Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by David M Johnson <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2006/05/23 15:59:14 UTC

VOTE: release Roller 2.3-incubating

I believe Roller 2.3-incubating is ready for release.

Please review and VOTE.

Changes since last release (Roller 2.1)
    - See CHANGES.txt for full list of features and fixes
    - Release no longer includes LGPL components
    - Apache license headers added to all source files
    - Now packaged as org.apache.roller

Changes since RC2
    - Both binary and source are now signed via GNU PG
    - Added NOTICE file to source release
    - Removed warnings about inclusion of LGPL components
    - Removed ejb-1.1.jar file from source release
    - Added ASF license header in source files under test directory
    - Anil fixed I18N in comment authenticator (ROL-1070)

The Roller 2.3 What's New guide
<http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Roller_2.3_WhatsNew>

The Roller 2.3 webapp (what you need to run Roller)
<http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/roller-2.3-rc>
apache-roller-2.3-rc3-incubating.tar.gz

The Roller 2.3 webapp (what you need to build Roller)
<http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/roller-2.3-rc>
apache-roller-src-2.3-rc3-incubating.tar.gz

Installation and User Guides
<http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/roller-2.3-rc>
roller-install-guide.pdf
roller-user-guide.pdf

Re: VOTE: release Roller 2.3-incubating

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me (binding)

-- dims

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: release Roller 2.3-incubating

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
+1

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 09:59:14AM -0400, David M Johnson wrote:
> I believe Roller 2.3-incubating is ready for release.

Goodness!

> Please review and VOTE.

Though not on the PMC list please...crossposts between public/private
lists really are bad form...if you need to reach "the incubator" on a
non-sensitive topic, please use the general@ list...

cheers!

Leo

Re: VOTE: release Roller 2.3-incubating

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.
On 5/23/06, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
> Cliff, can we do something about better documenting and demonstrating FOR
> EVERYONE what needs to be done?  As we all know, this is not an
> Incubator-specific issue.

The only issues I raised with this release were already documented for
everyone at http://apache.org/dev/apply-license.html.  Other than the
info on this page, I also offered them an additional option to avoid
placing the ASF copyright notice in all source files.

Today, the board approved the new source header and copyright policy.
I'll be updating the apply-license page soon to reflect this new
policy.

> Is this part of what you want to work on at ApacheCon?

I'll be done with the update to apply-license.html well before then,
but there is plenty more for me to work on at ApacheCon.

Cliff

Re: VOTE: release Roller 2.3-incubating

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.
On May 23, 2006, at 2:38 PM, Cliff Schmidt wrote:
> I see two problems with this distribution:
>
> * no ASF copyright notice in the NOTICE file  (see my earlier
> instructions below)
> * no NOTICE file at all in the source release
>
> When I was telling you guys how you could do your source headers, I
> said you had two options: a) ASF copyright in each source file +
> licensing text, or b) just the new licensing text with the ASF
> copyright in the notice file.  It looks like you've done half of
> option b.  Here's my earlier quote:

Thanks for checking out the build. That sounds like an easy fix.

Anybody want to check the PGP stuff and verify that I signed the
files properly?

- Dave

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> I see two problems with this distribution

Once Cliff indicates that the legal requirements are satisfied, you'll have
my +1.  I'm quite satisfied with the community process exhibited by Roller.

Cliff, can we do something about better documenting and demonstrating FOR
EVERYONE what needs to be done?  As we all know, this is not an
Incubator-specific issue.

Is this part of what you want to work on at ApacheCon?

	--- Noel

Re: VOTE: release Roller 2.3-incubating

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

Posted by Dustman <du...@gmail.com>.
And will the db upgrade script use TINYINTs instead of BITS to make it
futureproof?
Sent from the Roller - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Re: VOTE: release Roller 2.3-incubating

Posted by Dave Lindsey <ve...@gmail.com>.
Some of us deployed the doomed 2.2 release.
Does the 2.3 release include a db upgrade script from 2.2 to 2.3?

Dave