Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/18 16:33:13 UTC

How to set retry handler, no API

In the tutorial,

DefaultMethodRetryHandler retryhandler = new
 DefaultMethodRetryHandler(10, true);
  client.getParams().setParameter(HttpMethodParams.RETRY_HANDLER, retryhandler);

But the HttpClient does not have getParams() method.

I am using PostMethod.

I looked at other classes, but I could not find an API to set retry
 handler.
  DefaultMethodRetryHandler is deprecated.

  Thanks for help.
  Dave

---------------------------------

Re: How to set retry handler, no API

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
Dave wrote:
> In the tutorial,
>
> DefaultMethodRetryHandler retryhandler = new
>  DefaultMethodRetryHandler(10, true);
>   client.getParams().setParameter(HttpMethodParams.RETRY_HANDLER, retryhandler);
>
> But the HttpClient does not have getParams() method.

http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/HttpClient.html#getParams()

It's there since version 3.0.

cheers,
  Roland