Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Burak YĆ½lmaz <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/17 18:14:06 UTC

Adding recipients via Bcc or sending separately in a loop

I sometimes need to send mail to a group from my java application... Iam adding recipients with Email.AddBcc method of Java emailcomponent.... But i have problems with the reciever mail server. Theyreturn with max. limit of recipients reached sometimes no error butmails dont reach to location.

What is the difference sending mails as bcc or send them separately ina loop. Does my mail server do the same job on both? Whats your advice?When adding recipients as bcc do i need to group same domain types andsend them separately?

For example: xxx@yahoo.com,yyy@yahoo.com sending them in a group of bcc

zzz@hotmail.com,xxx@hotmail.com sending them in ANOTHER group of bcc.

Any help with this subject is really appreciated. Also if you know any clear document will be also helpfull

Thank you
Burak