Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Koller, Shmuel" <Sh...@bmc.com> on 2003/10/28 17:28:15 UTC

Versioning of XML Schema

Assume we have a XML standard (SOAP based) version 1 schema, with its
XMLBeans generated Java types.
Then comes version 2 of same standard, another schema - meaning another
XMLBean generation cycle, another set of generated Java types.

How do I write ONCE a  product/application to support both Schema Versions,
and utilize XML schema (inevitable variations) to XMLBeans-generate Java
types ?

My basic approach is that somehow this can be done, since each instance
identifies Schema version -
so when Schema version 2 is announced, I can split program into two paths
everywhere each Java type has two versions..
But thats not in line with incremental nature of new versions.

Yet there may be more in XMLBeans to support this concern, please
share/comment,

Shmuel Koller, BMC