Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/03 18:18:23 UTC

Do we need below features in stratos-controller

Hi,

- SAML SSO
- Feature manager

--Pradeep

Re: Do we need below features in stratos-controller

Posted by Isuru Perera <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> On a separate note,
>
> Do we have to use the admin consoles that get shipped with Carbon kernel
> at all.. ?
> AFAIK, the only usage of UI is in the stratos controller.  Correct me if
> I'm wrong...

Yes, AFAIK we need a UI only for the Stratos Controller.

We might need to use Cloud Controller UI to browse registry, but I'm +1 for
removing Carbon Admin Console from Cloud Controller.

> Even there, the usage is limited (as of now) such as registering
> tenants/subscribing to cartridges.
>
> IMHO, what we really need is a stratos-controller webapp that talks to
> back-services. That way it is easy to customize/extend. Kernel includes
> embedded tomcat instance and that can act as the container.

Yes! I too wanted to develop the Cartridge Management UI as a webapp when I
started working on that initially. But the Tenant management was already
developed as a Carbon UI component.

> For an example, right now if you want to SSO enable stratos-controller
> console - you have to install carbon SSO authenticators, which is not right
> AFAIU...
>
> just a thought.

This is a good suggestion and we definitely need to consider this in a
later release.

Thanks!

> thanks,
> --Pradeep
>

> On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> - server_roles
>>> - registry browser..
>>>
>> Better we keep registry browser. I think server roles is not needed. Not
>> sure about first 2 though.
>> Thanks.

>>> --
>>> Pradeep Fernando.
>>> http://pradeepfernando.blogspot.com/
>>>

>> --
>> --
>> Lahiru Sandaruwan
>> Software Engineer,
>> Platform Technologies,
>> WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>
>> email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954
>> blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
>> twitter: http://twitter.com/lahirus
>> linked-in: http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/lahiru-sandaruwan/16/153/146
>>

> --
> Pradeep Fernando.
> http://pradeepfernando.blogspot.com/

--
Isuru Perera
about.me/chrishantha

Re: Do we need below features in stratos-controller

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi devs,

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi,