Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Marvin <no...@apache.org> on 2012/04/30 19:37:54 UTC

Incubator PMC/Board report for May 2012 ([ppmc])

Dear podling,

This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache Incubator PMC.
It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to prepare your quarterly
board report.

The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 16 May 2012, 10:00:00 PST. The report
for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC report. The Incubator PMC
requires your report to be submitted 2 weeks before the board meeting, to allow
sufficient time for review and submission (Wed, May 2nd).

Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the incubator PMC, and
subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the very latest you
should submit your report is 2 weeks prior to the board meeting.

Thanks,

The Apache Incubator PMC

Submitting your Report
----------------------

Your report should contain the following:

 * Your project name
 * A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of the project
   or necessarily of its field
 * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
   graduation.
 * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of
 * How has the community developed since the last report
 * How has the project developed since the last report.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/May2012

Note: This manually populated. You may need to wait a little before this page is
      created from a template.

Mentors
-------
Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on the
Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are following the
project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms for the Incubator PMC.

Incubator PMC

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for May 2012 ([ppmc])

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Monday, April 30, 2012 08:08:51 PM Kevin Kluge wrote:
>> OK, I just added that as a fourth issue.   Thanks.
>
> As Brett stated, please do not constrain yourself with the template.
> That's the minimal set of information that is asked.    Projects are
> encouraged to provide a more details if they feel it's warranted.
>
> Specifically for Cloudstack, I'd suggest adding a paragraph just before the
> list of issues that describes the state of the community.   Nothing major at
> all.  Something like:

> there with several "new names" participating due to the new Apache location.
> Currently, the code repository is still at Citrix, but the community is
> looking forward to getting that moved to Apache as soon as possible.
> ------------
>
> Basically, the list of issues is just that, a list of issues.   While the
> issues are important,  I'd normally like to see the POSSITIVE things going
> on in the community as well.     I haven't followed the development closely,
> has anyone submitted a new patch?  This early, that would be a good thing.
>
> Not a big deal as the current report covers the minimum requirements, but I
> usually hate aiming for the minimum.  :-)
>
> Dan
>

>> -kevin

I added an overview section with a paragraph dealing with general
state of things.

Thanks,

--David

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for May 2012 ([ppmc])

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevin Kluge <Ke...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevin Kluge <Ke...@citrix.com>.