Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/28 19:18:05 UTC

Revisiting Feed Thread

Feed Thread support was originally in the core API, then we separated it
out into it's own package in the extensions module.  Now that Feed
Thread has been finished and has it's own RFC#, I'd very much prefer to
see us move support back into the main API (as should any extension
that's taken the trouble to walk through the standards process start to
finish).

Thoughts?

- James

Re: Revisiting Feed Thread

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 10/28/06, James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Feed Thread support was originally in the core API, then we separated it
> out into it's own package in the extensions module.  Now that Feed
> Thread has been finished and has it's own RFC#, I'd very much prefer to
> see us move support back into the main API (as should any extension
> that's taken the trouble to walk through the standards process start to
> finish).
>
> Thoughts?

Personally, I'm leaning more towards leaving our core API as lean as
possible, just the stuff required for the core Atom and APP standards.
 If keeping the extension made it incredibly difficult to use, that
would be one thing, but I think our extension system is integrated
enough that it's really not that big a deal.

-garrett