Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com> on 2014/12/16 10:28:00 UTC

[FlexMojos] Mavenig the AIR "runtime" artifacs

Hi Chris,
>From the doc you did [1], and I'm not sure it is up to date but in case you are interested, that's how I answer the question of:
"In order to sensibly generate runtime artifacts, I think we first have to find out how these artifacts would need to be used at all. Simply zipping them up doesn't seem to be a good idea."
That's how I build and use runtime-${air.version}-win.zip:
First I do a zip of the folder "Adobe AIR" located in [FLEX_SDK]\runtimes\air\win and use it like that:

<adlRuntimeGav>
    <groupId>com.adobe.air</groupId>
    <artifactId>runtime</artifactId>
    <version>${air.version}</version>
    <classifier>win</classifier>
    <type>zip</type>
</adlRuntimeGav>

And I also need to unpack it along with adl from the Air SDK I created, yes, I need to unpack again the runtime when I want to use it with my custom version of adt-maven-plugin or directly using the exec-maven-plugin, this seems to be because maven or FM (didn't check yet) do a clean after the tests.

    <plugin>

        <executions>
            <execution>
                <id>unpack-air-sdk</id>
                <phase>generate-test-resources</phase>
                <goals>
                    <goal>unpack</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
                    <artifactItems>
                        <artifactItem>
                            <groupId>com.adobe.air</groupId>
                            <artifactId>air-sdk</artifactId>
                            <version>${air.version}</version>
                            <classifier>win</classifier>
                            <type>zip</type>
                            <overWrite>false</overWrite>
                            <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}</outputDirectory>
                            <includes>bin/*.*,lib/**/*.*</includes>
                        </artifactItem>
                    </artifactItems>
                </configuration>
            </execution>

            <execution>
                <id>unpack-air-runtime</id>
                <phase>prepare-package</phase>
                <goals>
                    <goal>unpack</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
                    <artifactItems>
                        <artifactItem>
                            <groupId>com.adobe.air</groupId>
                            <artifactId>runtime</artifactId>
                            <version>${air.version}</version>
                            <classifier>win</classifier>
                            <type>zip</type>
                            <overWrite>false</overWrite>
                            <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/runtimes/air/win</outputDirectory>
                        </artifactItem>
                    </artifactItems>
                </configuration>
            </execution>
        </executions>
    </plugin>

Then in my pom, I give the path to adl thru a FM reflected property <flex.adl.command>${project.build.directory}/bin/adl.exe</flex.adl.command> which is the same than the FM property adlCommand

Frédéric THOMAS
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Documentation+of+the+actual+Mavenization+Process

AW: [FlexMojos] Mavenig the AIR "runtime" artifacs

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ehm ... have to admit it's been a few months since I last worked on the Mavenizer ... have to dig into this before being able to continue here ;-)

I think the extraction thing can be handled by Flexmojos the same way it does with the config-zip of the framework artifact.

Unfortunately I'm currently working on the FlexJS support which requires quite some refactoring of the inner workings of Flexmojos so I think I won't be able to work on this too soon :-(

But I'll come back to this as soon as I have some spare time ;-)

Chris