Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Fisher, Brice A" <ba...@sandia.gov> on 2007/11/07 00:38:25 UTC

Preloading BreadCrumbBar

I'm using a BreadCrumbBar and BreadCrumbPanels to implement a directory
hierarchy.  This works great when starting at the top and working my way
down, but I'd also like to be able to open a page to any point in the
hierarchy and have the BreadCrumbBar serve as a way to navigate back up
the hierarchy.

Is there any way to "preload" the BreadCrumbBar with a set of panels and
pick the "lowest" panel to be active?  Even better, is there a way to
provide the BreadCrumbBar with a "factory" (e.g.
IBreadCrumbPanelFactory()) for each node in the path so that it can
create the panels lazily only if the user ascends the hierarchy?

Thanks,
- Brice

Re: Preloading BreadCrumbBar

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 6, 2007 7:01 PM, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> if you are using this for a directory then i would build your own
> component. in the directory there is only "one way in" to something.
> breadcrumb bar as it is is defiend to support multiple ways of getting
> to something so there is a lot of overhead assocaited with it. in a
> directory structure, given folder A you can always traceback the path
> to root...

Yeah. The bread crumb implementation is build on the idea that it
records navigation rather than knowing a hierarchy upfront. You can do
what you want either by customizing the bread crumb models/ bend the
component to your will, or build one from scratch. The latter might be
easier in this case.

Eelco

Re: Preloading BreadCrumbBar

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
if you are using this for a directory then i would build your own
component. in the directory there is only "one way in" to something.
breadcrumb bar as it is is defiend to support multiple ways of getting
to something so there is a lot of overhead assocaited with it. in a
directory structure, given folder A you can always traceback the path
to root...

-igor