Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Struts User <sm...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/24 00:01:42 UTC

redirect with parameter in struts

Hi,

Is it possible in struts1 to include a parameter in the action redirection.
If I have a web application say, http://www..xyz.com/welcome.do and I want
to redirect it to http://www.xyz.com/welcomeredirect.do?cmp=company1 while
value of "cmp" will be assigned dynamically. how can I achieve this? Any
help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: redirect with parameter in struts

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@dtgresults.com>.
Another possible way is to leverage the ActionRedirect class.

For example:

ActionRedirect redirect = new
ActionRedirect(mapping.findForward("someRedirectingForwardDef"));
redirect.addParameter("cmp", companyName);
redirect.addParameter("myOtherParameter", myOtherParameterValue);
return redirect;

The framework takes care of building the query string, encoding, etc...

/robert

Posted by Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
one possible way is:
return new ActionForward("/orderWrapper.do?actionTarget=VIEW_CUSTOMER", true);
inside a execute action method.

Best greetings,
Paweł Wielgus.