Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by kukukuku <ku...@trash-mail.com> on 2010/02/19 17:11:51 UTC

Copy files before executing sampler

hi,

if i want to copy any files in a specific folder or delete any files before
i start with executing a sampler how would i do that? I'm new to jmeter so i
apologize if this seems like an easy question. I searched for examples but i
could not find anything usefull. The closest thing i found was using
pre-processors for example bsh scripts. However i could not get it to work.
Would be nice if someone could help me or direct me in the correct
direction.

thx kukudas

Re: Copy files before executing sampler

Posted by kukukuku <ku...@trash-mail.com>.
hi thx for your response. I wrote a script and put it into the jmeter folder,
after that i added a beanshell preprocessor to my test plan and specified
the filename of the script. In the log i got the error that the file could
not been found.

Posted by Peter <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Which again can be run directly from the script that invokes JMeter.

However, there is one feature of JMeter that might be useful here,
which is that it can run a BeanShell script on startup - see
jmeter.properties:

#beanshell.init.file

Just put the call to the Java method in there.

Posted by kukukuku <ku...@trash-mail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
No, I meant running a script in a suitable OS script language.

However, if you are using Maven to run JMeter, then I would use Maven
to run the script.

Of course you *can* do this all in JMeter - you could even use JMeter
to run Maven - but it's likely to be more more work and harder to
maintain.

Posted by kukukuku <ku...@trash-mail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kukukuku <ku...@trash-mail.com>.