Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ca...@ocean7.com on 2004/10/07 23:18:59 UTC

pageBeginRender before listener?

We were wondering what the reasoning may be that with a
form submit (maybe every listener?) the pageBeginRender
runs before the actual listener method, although the page may
never actually render because another page is activated.

Thanks,
Carst
--
Carsten Heinrigs
Ocean-7 Development

Re: pageBeginRender before listener?

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
Basically, it gives you the chance to initialize, not initialize code. For
example, you may have code to set up your page, but you want to skip that,
so in pageBeginRender() you can test for rewind and return. On the other
hand, maybe you need to get the db to get info before your form rewinds and
can deal with that.

Jamie