Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Jones, Marty B." <ma...@dailyaccess.com> on 2002/06/14 15:15:06 UTC

Jakarta Taglibs - Request Tag Libary Question

I just got started using tag libaries and I think that they are pretty neat.
I downloaded the Request Tag Library to use in an existing web application
and I noticed that the Request Attribute tag "attribute" does not allow for
a default value.  I think that adding a attribute to this tag would be a
good idea.  That being said, I downloaded the source for the Request
Attribute and Request Parameter tags and modified them to incorporate a
default value.  They work like a charm.  I am new to the apache contribution
process and I was wondering, are the changes that I made worth adding to the
taglib project itself?

Marty Jones

Re: Jakarta Taglibs - Request Tag Libary Question

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Jones, Marty B. wrote:

> I just got started using tag libaries and I think that they are pretty
> neat. I downloaded the Request Tag Library to use in an existing web
> application and I noticed that the Request Attribute tag "attribute"
> does not allow for a default value.  I think that adding a attribute
> to this tag would be a good idea.  That being said, I downloaded the
> source for the Request Attribute and Request Parameter tags and
> modified them to incorporate a default value.  They work like a charm.
> I am new to the apache contribution process and I was wondering, are
> the changes that I made worth adding to the taglib project itself?

Well, the Request Taglib is somewhat superceded by the JSP Standard Tag
Library (which does offer default values in the standard <c:out> tag),
unless you're using a JSP 1.1 container.

--
Shawn Bayern
(coming in July 2002 from Manning Publications)