Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Karthik Ananthakrishnan <ka...@beyondsquare.com> on 2017/11/27 10:24:00 UTC

Code base Help

Dear all,

I am in the process of setting up my Repo.

I understand there are 2 code base to MIFOS Backend.

1. MIFOS Code base which includes Pentaho. (https://github.com/openMF/incubator-fineract)

2. Apache code base which does not include Pentaho. (https://github.com/apache/fineract)

I want to take a stable code base which I will use as base and build extensible functionalities in my repo. Can someone tell me if all changes are ported to both branches.? Or MIFOS code base is outdated with changes in FINERACT code base.?

I see check-ins latest in Fineract branch and release branches in MIFOS. So, I am confused which repo to take as base branch. Kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karthik

Re: Code base Help

Posted by Karthik Ananthakrishnan <ka...@beyondsquare.com>.
Thanks Ed. Isaac’s intro was very helpful.

Looking forward for the interaction with Nazeer for Fineract 1.0

Regards,
Karthik

On 27/11/17, 11:24 PM, "Ed Cable" <ed...@mifos.org> wrote:

    To add to Markus' comments Karthik and to follow up on the conversations we
    have had, the Mifos X distribution (which contains the Mifos X web app,
    mobile apps, and reporting in-built) is powered by the latest stable
    version of Apache Fineract. All of the lead maintainers and release
    managers of the official Apache Fineract repository are in fact Mifos
    community members or contracted out by the Mifos Initiative.

    As you know, The Mifos Initiative also contributed the Apache Fineract code
    into Apache and our organization champions the voice of the broader
    financial inclusion community so don't want it to seem like Mifos X is just
    any "vendor-specific distribution forked from Apache Fineract."

    Hopefully the intro Isaac provided you the other day to Fineract CN was
    valuable and I'll schedule a time for Nazeer to do the same on Fineract
    1.0.

    Thanks,

    Ed

    --