Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by YongChul Kwon <go...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/26 21:10:21 UTC

Sharing Hadoop cluster among multiple users

Hello all,

I deployed hadoop to a small cluster. The HDFS is running as user A.
Now user B comes in and wants to run a simple Map-Reduce task. The
Map-Reduce client creates all shared files in correct location
'/tmp/hadoop-B/mapred/system/...'. However, JobTracker, running as
user A, always tries to read the job related files from
'/tmp/hadoop-A/mapred/system/...'.

The questions are following.
a) Does everybody who wants to run map-reduce job have to launch one's
own JobTracker?
b) Do I have to set HOD for this? I really don't want to do this extra
since B is currently the only user running Map-Reduce.

Thank you,
YongChul

Re: Sharing Hadoop cluster among multiple users

Posted by YongChul Kwon <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I meant conflicts in file system name space not the permission.
Anyway, I found a related JIRA entry for this refers the setting of
mapred.system.dir.

Thank you for your responses! :-)
YongChul

Posted by YongChul Kwon <go...@gmail.com>.