Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/05 11:57:18 UTC

Status of UI tests in Hudson run Was: [vote] Declare r885602 as Milestone 5.0 M12

Mark,
I have exammined few exception stack traces in Tim's run. They refer
to the following exceptions:

    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/JButton
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/UIManager

I believe these particular tests likely fail due to the absence of swing.jar.

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 1:52 AM, Mark Hindess
<ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> In message <4B...@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

> > > If you are using xvfb then there should be no reason not to run the
> > > awt/swing tests.
> >

> > ...and yet
> >
> > http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Harmony/job/Harmony-1.5-head-linux
> > -x86_64-full-tests/29/
> >
> > I've excluded them again.
>
> Looks like the xserver is failing to start.  Try:
>
>  sudo apt-get install x11-xkb-utils
>
> -Mark.

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://www.telecom-express.ru/
http://harmony.apache.org/
http://www.expressaas.com/
http://openmeetings.googlecode.com/

Re: Status of UI tests in Hudson run

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <c3...@mail.gmail.com>,
Alexei Fedotov writes:

> Mark,
> I have exammined few exception stack traces in Tim's run. They refer
> to the following exceptions:
>
>     java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/JButton
>     java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/UIManager
>
> I believe these particular tests likely fail due to the absence of
> swing.jar.

Yeah.  I'm sure there are lots of problems I was trying to fix the tests
that were reporting:

  Uncaught exception in AWT-NativeEventThread:
  Uncaught exception in AWT-EventDispatchThread:
  java.lang.InternalError: Cannot open display ''
    at org.apache.harmony.awt.wtk.linux.XServerConnection.<init>(XServerConnection.java:41)
    at org.apache.harmony.awt.wtk.linux.XServerConnection.<clinit>(XServerConnection.java:33)
    at org.apache.harmony.awt.wtk.linux.LinuxWindowFactory.<init>(LinuxWindowFactory.java:45)
    at org.apache.harmony.awt.wtk.linux.LinuxWTK.<init>(LinuxWTK.java:99)

Missing swing.jar must have been a configuration build/issue but I can't
reproduce that problem at the moment.  This problem will most likely
disappear if we can fix the display problems and remove any reference
to -Dexclude.modules=swing which could conceivably cause this kind of
problem if it was used in the build phase rather than just the test run.

Regards,
 Mark.