Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2008/04/12 02:40:22 UTC

T5: form, session and scalability

Hi,

I have a layout component where all other pages based, now I'd like to put a
small form in that layout component, actually it is a 'quick lookup' option
so that all the pages will have quick lookup, but I am a little hesitant as
I suspect a form will always create a session, so even user is not using the
lookup, merely viewing the page already created a session and in the
Tapestry 5 web site it has an advice like this:

Scalable web applications do not create the server-side session needlessly.
If you can avoid creating the session, especially on first access to your
web application, you will be able to handle an order of magnitude more
users. So, if you can avoid creating the ASO, you should do so.

comments? Thanks,

Angelo