Posted to users@apex.apache.org by chiranjeevi vasupilli <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/14 13:28:08 UTC

java.io.IOException: All datanodes DatanodeInfoWithStorage

Hi Team,

Can you please let me know the reason, when we will get this kind of
exception. In my application containers getting killled with below
excpetion.

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: All datanodes
DatanodeInfoWithStorage[147.22.192.229:1004,DS-fa5a41a5-c953-477e-a5d9-3dc499d5baee,DISK]
are bad. Aborting...
at
com.datatorrent.lib.io.fs.AbstractFileOutputOperator.endWindow(AbstractFileOutputOperator.java:948)
at
com.datatorrent.stram.engine.GenericNode.processEndWindow(GenericNode.java:141)

--
ur's
chiru

Re: java.io.IOException: All datanodes DatanodeInfoWithStorage

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
Chiranjeevi,
You will need to set the limit on each server in the cluster ->
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/ulimit.3.html
Run ulimit on each server in the cluster to set the value. Once you decide
what the number should be, do remember to (a) set it using ulimit, & (b)
put this command in a script that is invoked during reboot. To decide the
number, you will need to know max number of open files the app has at any
given time, and then add a buffer of say 2x to it. This user is the one
used for Hadoop.

There is also a system wide file limit that you should set using sysctl (
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-increase-the-maximum-number-of-open-files/).
This number should be higher than per user limit as other processes will
also need to open files.

Thks,
Amol

Posted by chiranjeevi vasupilli <ch...@gmail.com>.