Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2013/06/06 17:28:39 UTC

Swiz Donation: Next Steps (was Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Oprtional MVC/IOC Frameworks Donation: Swiz Framework Donation)

Yes, Chris needs get on our email list and put it in writing that he wants
to donate.

I think we need some proof of ownership.  Does he own the code or some
corporation or business entity that he belongs to.

I think he will need to sign an ICLA.

-Alex

Re: Swiz Donation: Next Steps (was Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Oprtional MVC/IOC Frameworks Donation: Swiz Framework Donation)

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Justin,

I send Chris some emails to ask him for action, but no response yet. I just
post in the swiz group mailing list some minutes ago since I don't know
what's happening. Maybe Chris is very busy? or maybe some email
communication problem? Really I don't know...

I'll continue pinging trying to get some response from him

Best,

Carlos

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: Swiz Donation: Next Steps (was Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Oprtional MVC/IOC Frameworks Donation: Swiz Framework Donation)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Any news on this?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Swiz Donation: Next Steps (was Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Oprtional MVC/IOC Frameworks Donation: Swiz Framework Donation)

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Thanks Mike,

I'll forward to Chris so he can chek it.

Best

Carlos

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

RE: Swiz Donation: Next Steps (was Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Oprtional MVC/IOC Frameworks Donation: Swiz Framework Donation)

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Carlos Rovira <
carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com> wrote:

> hehe I only want to say that history is written in the internet so is easy
> to prove that Chris Scott is the author, but I see that he must prove it
> himself.

We could not in good conscience accept a donation without written, clear
intentions from the author. I suspect it will require a software grant and
the author will need to go through some legal paperwork to assent that he
has ownership of the code and is willing to donate it to the ASF.

I need to get more familiar with the details of what is required for the
ASF to accept software donations, but it's a complicated subject and time
is short. I do know that we want to be very sure we have all the details in
order so we can be confident in saying that we have the right to continue
to produce the software.

Greg

Re: Swiz Donation: Next Steps (was Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Oprtional MVC/IOC Frameworks Donation: Swiz Framework Donation)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 6/6/13 9:00 AM, "Carlos Rovira" <ca...@codeoscopic.com> wrote:

>2013/6/6 Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>
>
>> Ugh. I have to watch a video?  What am I looking for in that video?
>>

>hehe I only want to say that history is written in the internet so is easy
>to prove that Chris Scott is the author, but I see that he must prove it
>himself.
Yes, because I am the author of many parts of the SDK, but I never "owned"
it, Adobe did.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Ugh. I have to watch a video?  What am I looking for in that video?

But what I think really matters is what the source code and on-line
documentation says.

Once I see his email, then we should go take a harder look.

-Alex

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Alex,

--