Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by samir das mohapatra <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/01 10:06:42 UTC

How to solve : Little bit urgent delivery (cluster-1(Hbase)---> cluster-2(HDFS))

Hi All,

  Problem Statement:
   1) We have two cluster   , let for example
         i) cluster-1
        ii) cluster-2

There is one Scenario where we need to pull data from Hbase which is under
cluster-1(Hbase)   to  cluster-2 (HDFS) .

   Which approach I whould follow , (The volume of the data are 5TB which
is there in Hbase)

I am thinking , I will copy the data  throught distcp, Is this a good
approach? If yes then how to pull only specific data not whole date into
HDFS

Note: Little bit urgent delivery

regards,
samir.

Re: How to solve : Little bit urgent delivery (cluster-1(Hbase)---> cluster-2(HDFS))

Posted by varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>.
Use hbase import and export for migration of data from one cluster to
another.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM, samir das mohapatra <samir.helpdoc@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   Problem Statement:
>    1) We have two cluster   , let for example
>          i) cluster-1
>         ii) cluster-2
>

> There is one Scenario where we need to pull data from Hbase which is under
> cluster-1(Hbase)   to  cluster-2 (HDFS) .
>
>    Which approach I whould follow , (The volume of the data are 5TB which
> is there in Hbase)
>
> I am thinking , I will copy the data  throught distcp, Is this a good
> approach? If yes then how to pull only specific data not whole date into
> HDFS
>

> Note: Little bit urgent delivery
>

> regards,
> samir.

Varun Kumar.P

Re: How to solve : Little bit urgent delivery (cluster-1(Hbase)---> cluster-2(HDFS))

Posted by varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>.
Use hbase import and export for migration of data from one cluster to
another.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM, samir das mohapatra <samir.helpdoc@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   Problem Statement:
>    1) We have two cluster   , let for example
>          i) cluster-1
>         ii) cluster-2
>

> There is one Scenario where we need to pull data from Hbase which is under
> cluster-1(Hbase)   to  cluster-2 (HDFS) .
>
>    Which approach I whould follow , (The volume of the data are 5TB which
> is there in Hbase)
>
> I am thinking , I will copy the data  throught distcp, Is this a good
> approach? If yes then how to pull only specific data not whole date into
> HDFS
>

> Note: Little bit urgent delivery
>

> regards,
> samir.

Varun Kumar.P

Re: How to solve : Little bit urgent delivery (cluster-1(Hbase)---> cluster-2(HDFS))

Posted by varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>.
Use hbase import and export for migration of data from one cluster to
another.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM, samir das mohapatra <samir.helpdoc@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   Problem Statement:
>    1) We have two cluster   , let for example
>          i) cluster-1
>         ii) cluster-2
>

> There is one Scenario where we need to pull data from Hbase which is under
> cluster-1(Hbase)   to  cluster-2 (HDFS) .
>
>    Which approach I whould follow , (The volume of the data are 5TB which
> is there in Hbase)
>
> I am thinking , I will copy the data  throught distcp, Is this a good
> approach? If yes then how to pull only specific data not whole date into
> HDFS
>

> Note: Little bit urgent delivery
>

> regards,
> samir.

Varun Kumar.P

Re: How to solve : Little bit urgent delivery (cluster-1(Hbase)---> cluster-2(HDFS))

Posted by varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>.
Use hbase import and export for migration of data from one cluster to
another.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM, samir das mohapatra <samir.helpdoc@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   Problem Statement:
>    1) We have two cluster   , let for example
>          i) cluster-1
>         ii) cluster-2
>

> There is one Scenario where we need to pull data from Hbase which is under
> cluster-1(Hbase)   to  cluster-2 (HDFS) .
>
>    Which approach I whould follow , (The volume of the data are 5TB which
> is there in Hbase)
>
> I am thinking , I will copy the data  throught distcp, Is this a good
> approach? If yes then how to pull only specific data not whole date into
> HDFS
>

> Note: Little bit urgent delivery
>

> regards,
> samir.