Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Michael Lake <ml...@netvue.com> on 2008/01/27 15:24:55 UTC

JackRabbit 1.4 plus Spring Modules JCR

Can anyone vouch for Spring Modules? I'd like to use the JCR package,
but the project is beta...can anyone say how "flakey" it might be? or
does it work great?

I'm starting a new project with Jackrabbit and would like to integrate
with Tapestry 5...any tips would be helpful.

I understand that you should have one "repository session" per request.

-mike

Re: JackRabbit 1.4 plus Spring Modules JCR

Posted by Daniel Mitterdorfer <da...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Hi Mike,

Michael Lake wrote:
> in addition to that, i had to mess with the pom.xml a bit before the
> proper jars were found
> even then I had to manually install a jar for
> org.safehaus.jug:jug-asl:2.0.0
> anyone know if I really need that jar with the "jcr" portion of the
> spring-modules?
> perhaps I can exclude it..along with MANY other dependencies it's
> carrying.

I have excluded it in my POM (see below for the relevant snippet). Note
that I have also excluded the Spring framework itself as I wanted to use
Spring 2.5 explicitely instead of Spring 2.0.x. As a side note: There is
some traffic on the Spring modules dev list again. Today, the new lead
for Spring modules - Colin Yates - told on the list that he intends to
release Spring modules 0.9 at the end of February.

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.springmodules</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring-modules-jcr</artifactId>
            <version>0.8</version>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                    <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>jsr170</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jsr170</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
                    <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jackrabbit-jca</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jackrabbit-jcr-rmi</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>jeceira</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jeceira</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>aparzev</groupId>
                    <artifactId>doka</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>aparzev</groupId>
                    <artifactId>commons</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>jug</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jug-asl</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>geronimo-spec</groupId>
                    <artifactId>geronimo-spec-jta</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>geronimo-spec</groupId>
                    <artifactId>
                        geronimo-spec-j2ee-connector
                    </artifactId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>

Bye,

Daniel

Re: JackRabbit 1.4 plus Spring Modules JCR

Posted by Michael Lake <ml...@netvue.com>.
that's great to hear. I've already begun integrating into my project...

the spring-modules maven2 distribution needs some maintenance.

I found a patch on their JIRA for bringing the source code up to
jackrabbit 1.4

in addition to that, i had to mess with the pom.xml a bit before the
proper jars were found
even then I had to manually install a jar for org.safehaus.jug:jug-asl:
2.0.0
anyone know if I really need that jar with the "jcr" portion of the
spring-modules?
perhaps I can exclude it..along with MANY other dependencies it's
carrying.

I'm glad this is a responsive list...this won't be the last you hear
from me!

-mike

Posted by Nicolas Dufour <nr...@gmail.com>.

--
Nicolas Dufour
nrdufour@gmail.com

Re: JackRabbit 1.4 plus Spring Modules JCR

Posted by Martin Zdila <m....@mwaysolutions.com>.
hi

i am using it and i have no problems with that.

--
Martin Zdila
CTO

M-Way Solutions Slovakia s.r.o.