Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by McClain Looney <m...@loonsoft.com> on 2004/05/27 13:21:09 UTC

issue 1093 status

Hello,

If I'm reading the tracker properly, it seems to me that svn client in
trunk is now capable of tracking down moved files during diff/merge
operations.  Is this a correct reading?

---
McClain Looney
m@loonsoft.com

Re: issue 1093 status

Posted by Josh Pieper <jj...@pobox.com>.
McClain Looney wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I'm reading the tracker properly, it seems to me that svn client in
> trunk is now capable of tracking down moved files during diff/merge
> operations.  Is this a correct reading?

For the most part you are correct.  However, it will only track the
exact path you specify on the command line, not any subdirectories or
files within a directory.

So you could do:

   svn diff -r10:HEAD http://blah/tags/0.10

Which would show you the diffs between whatever directory tags/0.10
used to be in revision 10 and the current head.  But if there were
some moved files within that tags/0.10 directory, the diff would still
show those as delete+adds.

-Josh