Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Erik Vande Velde <er...@pandora.be> on 2000/11/15 21:26:18 UTC

Installing tomcat filter in IIS

I've installed the tomcat filter in IIS 5.0 under WIN2000 as explained in
the documentation ( with all required registry changes ) but it just don't
seem to work. In the IIS console the filter is always marked with a red
down-arrow instead of a green up-one. What could be wrong ? Which port do I
have to specify in the server.xml for tomcat ?

TIA for your answer,

Erik
Hoboken
Belgium

RE: Installing tomcat filter in IIS

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
One thing that can cause problems is if you added the redirector dll to the
"Filter DLLs" key.  This step is in the instructions for the personal web
server that ships with WinNT 4.0 (as opposed to the web server that is
available as part of the NT 4.0 Option Pack, or the one that comes with
Win2000.)

Also make sure the isapi_redirect.dll didn't get corrupted during the
download.  The file should be 112KB.

Beyond that its hard to dianose without more details.  I have several
Win2000 systems running Tomcat 3.2b7 without problems.