Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "F. Da Costa Gomez" <dc...@fixed.com> on 2003/08/19 16:28:48 UTC

Howto: scripts usage

Hi all,

Just wanted to confirm the following with regards to script usage
:
- A script (JS) cannot be seen and thus treated as a css or image asset.
Meaning that, creating a context asset and using ognl:assets.someScript
does not get the script inserted in the html page (despite its
definition in the spec).

- Scripts *should* reside within/ on the classpath of the application
(unlike the css and images, which can also exist outside of it).

- Unless one wants to refer to a script via the Lite-notation in the
HTML spec a component should be created in the page/ jwc spec.

- For arguments sake: if I have a script-library component (don't ask
*why* just yet) in a jwc spec with a lot of  type=Script components in
there with their static values referrring to their respective locations,
could I call those from an implementing spec (.jwc or .page) and if so
how (components.id maybe?).

Just want to make sure that my understanding is correct.

TIA,
Fermin DCG