Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mark Maunder <ma...@swiftcamel.com> on 2001/10/20 00:36:26 UTC

stacked handlers return vals

Hi,

If I'm using stacked handlers, what should I return if I dont want the
next handler in line to run because I've returned all required content
to the client? (the eagle book says anything other than OK, DECLINED or
DONE, but what's the appropriate return val that wont cause the client
to think an error occured?)

tnx!

Re: stacked handlers return vals

Posted by Nikolaus Rath <Ni...@rath.org>.
* Mark Maunder <ma...@swiftcamel.com> wrote:
> Nikolaus Rath wrote:
>
>> * Mark Maunder <ma...@swiftcamel.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > If I'm using stacked handlers, what should I return if I dont want the
>> > next handler in line to run because I've returned all required content
>> > to the client? (the eagle book says anything other than OK, DECLINED
>> > or DONE, but what's the appropriate return val that wont cause the
>> > client to think an error occured?)
>>
>> 200 / HTTP_DOCUMENT_FOLLOWS?
>>
>>    --Nikolaus
>
> Nope, tried it already. It just goes on to the next handler as if you
> returned OK.

In this case i would use a request note. Modify each handler to abort if
the request note is set and set the request note instead of the return
value.

   --Nikolaus

Re: stacked handlers return vals

Posted by Mark Maunder <ma...@swiftcamel.com>.