Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "alton (sent by Nabble.com)" <li...@nabble.com> on 2005/08/18 01:45:31 UTC

Integration with Spring and Hibernate support

I'm interested in using JAMES as an application server that processes inbound email with mailets in a way that is analogous to a web server processing http requests.

I also want to re-use business logic, IoC, transaction management and Hibernate (ORM/database) support that Spring provides.

To integrate Spring with JAMES, I need some way to load Spring's context into memory (perhaps as a singleton) only as JAMES (or Avalon/Phoenix) starts.  Then I need to access Spring's context from the mailet without reloading it.

Does anyone have any suggessions ?

Alton

--
Sent from the James - Users forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Integration-with-Spring-and-Hibernate-support-t233052.html#a651752

RE: Integration with Spring and Hibernate support

Posted by David Erickson <ha...@ratemod.com>.
Just create your spring context in a static block in your mailet class, then
access it from there.

-David