Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by pr...@iflexsolutions.com on 2001/10/12 07:43:15 UTC

building velocity

hi
please do help me in building the velocity source
i have downloaded velocity-1.2.rc1.zip and ant
now when i try to build it gives me the error

/******************************

185: Cannot use classic compile
r, as it is not available A common solution is to set the environment
variable J
AVA_HOME to your jdk directory.

***************/

please do help me
i have updated my classpaths and have jsdk2 in my JAVA_HOME variable also
thanks and regds
priya

Re: building velocity

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 10/12/01 1:43 AM, "priya.thampi@iflexsolutions.com"
<pr...@iflexsolutions.com> wrote:

> hi
> please do help me in building the velocity source
> i have downloaded velocity-1.2.rc1.zip and ant
> now when i try to build it gives me the error
>
> /******************************
>
> 185: Cannot use classic compile
> r, as it is not available A common solution is to set the environment
> variable J
> AVA_HOME to your jdk directory.

> please do help me
> i have updated my classpaths and have jsdk2 in my JAVA_HOME variable also
> thanks and regds

What is JAVA_HOME set to?

What is in your classpath? (I have *nothing* in my classpath.... Ever... )

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                       geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting