Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/25 15:32:01 UTC

GitHub Pull Requests (and Confluence)

Hi,

just FIY: Today I tried to accept a pull request from Github,
following the procedure, as outlined on

  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/How+to+accept+a+GitHub+Pull+Request

(Of course, the Git URL has to be adjusted to your subproject, in my case

   https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-fileupload.git

Which reminds me: Do we have a Confluence space? If not: Would anyone
mind, if I asked for one on Jira?

Thanks,

Jochen

Confluence space (was: GitHub Pull Requests (and Confluence))

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 at 15:32, Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Which reminds me: Do we have a Confluence space? If not: Would anyone
> mind, if I asked for one on Jira?

Remember that Moin Moin is being withdrawn.
There is quite a large Commons Wiki on it; maybe that should be
migrated rather than starting again?

As to creating Confluence Wikis, that is self-service.

Re: GitHub Pull Requests (and Confluence)

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Jochen,

Am Mo., 25. März 2019 um 16:32 Uhr schrieb Jochen Wiedmann <
jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> just FIY: Today I tried to accept a pull request from Github,
> following the procedure, as outlined on
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/How+to+accept+a+GitHub+Pull+Request

Since we're using gitbox now, you can simply merge PRs via the GitHub UI.
So we should update/remove our documentation in the wiki.

Regards,
Benedikt