Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Baishan Peng <b....@gns.cri.nz> on 2010/10/29 02:27:14 UTC

Persistent data issue

Hi All,

I have an T5 application like this:
http://www.crazymcphee.net/x/2009/08/26/tapestry-5-web-framework/

public class Persons {

    @Property
    @Persist
    private List persons;
    @Property
    @Persist
    private String searchTerm;
    Object onSubmitFromSearch() {
        persons = personService.findPersons(searchTerm);
        return this;
    }
    }I want to return the same page with the search data when the search
form is submitted, so a persistent property for the persons List is needed.
My problem is: when the page has some search results for persons, it doesn't
disapear when the page is reloaded. I have tried to change the persistent
strategy to @Persist ("flash"), but it brings another problem: when the
search results are big and need to be displayed on multiple pages, when the

I need to manually clear the search data when the page is refreshed (instead
of submitted), but not sure what method to use in the page navigation cycle.

Please help.

Thanks

Sige

Re: Persistent data issue

Posted by Muhammad Mohsen <m....@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure of what you need but I think you need this annotation:

@PageReset<http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.2-dev/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/annotations/PageReset.html>

<http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.2-dev/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/annotations/PageReset.html>Check
this page for more info:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.2-dev/guide/lifecycle.html

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Baishan Peng <b....@gns.cri.nz> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have an T5 application like this:
> http://www.crazymcphee.net/x/2009/08/26/tapestry-5-web-framework/
>
> public class Persons {
>
>    @Property
>    @Persist
>    private List persons;
>    @Property
>    @Persist
>    private String searchTerm;
>    Object onSubmitFromSearch() {
>        persons = personService.findPersons(searchTerm);
>        return this;
>    }
>    }I want to return the same page with the search data when the search
> form is submitted, so a persistent property for the persons List is needed.
> My problem is: when the page has some search results for persons, it
> doesn't
> disapear when the page is reloaded. I have tried to change the persistent
> strategy to @Persist ("flash"), but it brings another problem: when the
> search results are big and need to be displayed on multiple pages, when the
>
> I need to manually clear the search data when the page is refreshed
> (instead
> of submitted), but not sure what method to use in the page navigation
> cycle.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sige
>

> Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in
> error please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the
> contents.

*Regards,*
*Muhammad Gelbana
Java Software Programmer*