Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Mike Hogan <me...@mikehogan.net> on 2004/04/10 17:25:54 UTC

Two ideas

Hi all,

I have two ideas for xmlbeans:

1 Fine grained interfaces.  Lets say I have the schema shown in the
attached bitmap.  You can see that both Specification and Implementation can
contain 0 or many Dependency elements.  So I reckon both Specification and
Implementation should implement an interface call "DependencyOwner" with has
get/set/add/remove/count methods that deal with Dependency instances.  This
means I can write a generic piece of code for dealing with DependencyOwner
instances, instead of having to treat Specification and Implementation
separately as I have to do now.  And just to be pedantic, to complete the
example, Specification would also implement InterfaceOwner and PackageOwner.

 2 Investigate whether it would be possible to generate the XMLBeans on the
fly.  This should be possible using CGLIB.

Whatever about 2, 1 is a very nice-to-have.

Cheers,
Mike.