Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gotama <go...@bgb.net> on 2008/09/02 21:26:58 UTC

[INFO] Dependency ... has changed ... messages during build

After installing 3rd party dependencies in Nexus and then building a war, the
first time the build runs the dependencies are downloaded fine from Nexus,
the second time I get a INFO message for every one of the dependencies I
added:

[INFO] Dependency[Dependency
{groupId=com.stubhub.mycompany.globalLib, artifactId=saxon-xpath, version=8,
type=jar}]
has changed (was Dependency
{groupId=com.mycompany.legacy.globalLib, artifactId=saxon-xpath, version=8,
type=jar}).

etc.

The message does not appear to be hurting anything but its extremely verbose
when it should not be - and I am wondering why it is saying the dependency
"has changed".

What's this message about and how do I make it go away?

Thanks!

Re: [INFO] Dependency ... has changed ... messages during build

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 12:21 PM, gotama <go...@bgb.net> wrote:

> what is not clear to me is why 'alpha' versions make it into the releases
> repository. I previously did not set my version for the maven-war-plugin.
> 2.1-alpha-2 is the default version. In the Maven world, I thought alpha/beta
> versions = SNAPSHOTS.

This is simply incorrect. Alpha and Beta are considered releases.

For stable builds, you are strongly encouraged to lock down the
plugins you are using in the pom.xml file. Otherwise, you may
experience troubles like this when Maven auto-updates a plugin and
breaks/changes functionality you were using, or a new bug is
introduced, etc.

Wayne

Re: [INFO] Dependency ... has changed ... messages during build

Posted by gotama <go...@bgb.net>.
fyi, this is a bug in maven-war-plugin 2.1-alpha-2. I have filed a bug for
it:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-168

these incorrectly reported messages do not appear in maven-war-plugin 2.0.2.

try:
mvn clean;
mvn install;
mvn install;

with both 2.0.2 and 2.1-alpha-2. during the 3rd command you will see these
messages with 2.1-alpha-2 and not with 2.0.2.

Posted by gotama <go...@bgb.net>.
Yeah, I see that... I actually edited my post. The groupIds are the same...
for the post - I attempted to replace my domain with "mycompany" and pasted
over the word "legacy" instead. Oops. Anyway, the groupIds are in fact the
same. Sorry for the confusion.

Please let me know if you have further ideas about this message.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
You do see the differences, right?
> {groupId=com.stubhub.mycompany.globalLib, artifactId=saxon-xpath, version=8,
> {groupId=com.mycompany.legacy.globalLib, artifactId=saxon-xpath, version=8,

com.stubhub...
vs
...legacy.globalLib

Don't ask me what is going on -- I have no idea. But this is certainly
a bit odd, perhaps something related to Nexus? I think you need to do
a little more research on your end.

Wayne