Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Kirk True <ki...@mustardgrain.com> on 2010/12/13 17:51:25 UTC

Estimated release date for Hive 0.7?

Hi all,

I hunted around a bit, but didn't see any mention of a projected release
date for 0.7. Is there one?

Thanks,
Kirk

Re: Estimated release date for Hive 0.7?

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Kirk True <ki...@mustardgrain.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hunted around a bit, but didn't see any mention of a projected release
> date for 0.7. Is there one?
>
> Thanks,
> Kirk

These are the open issues for 0.7:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310843&fixfor=12315150

The list of issues is subject to change. Generally when the version
has no open issues, we make a release candidate, and vote.  There is
no time line that I am aware off. We had a "long time" between 0.5.1 -
> 0.6.0 . I do not believe we want to wait that long between releases
again.

Edward