Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vjeran Marcinko <Vj...@drava.etfos.hr> on 2000/07/08 00:12:26 UTC

Form login problem

Hi.
Since nobody showed me some form login
custom-made example I decided to do it myself,
and encountered a problem -
Idea is to have somewhere list of pages or some
URL patern for pages which should have restricted
access. When someone wants to access these pages,
he is redirected to some login-check servlet which then
presents these pages (if user is logged) or redirect to
login page.
Problem is: how do I set this list of pages or URL patern ?
If I put them in <servlet-mapping> elements in web.xml, then
redirecting to this pages by login-check servlet isn't possible
(with sendRedirect() or forward() methods) because Tomcat
always recognize this URL like one that should be first checked.
In this way it creates forever loop, instead of presenting them.
Am I missing something here ?
BTW - I don't want to use Tomcat's built-in login capabilities
(<form-login> element)...

-Vjeran