Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mohamed Parvez <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/04 17:26:45 UTC

Wild card search does not return any result

Hello All,

       I have two fields.

<field name="BUS" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<field name="ROLE" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />

I have document(which has been indexed) that has a value of "ICS for BUS
field" and "SSE for ROLE filed"

When I search for q=BUS:ics i get the result, but if i search for q=BUS:ics*
i don't get any match (or result)

when I search for q=ROLE:sse or q=ROLE:sse*, both the times I get the
result.

why BUS:ics* does not return any result ?

I have the default configuration for text filed, see below.

    <fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
        <!-- in this example, we will only use synonyms at query time
        <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="index_synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="false"/>
        -->
        <!-- Case insensitive stop word removal.
             enablePositionIncrements=true ensures that a 'gap' is left to
             allow for accurate phrase queries.
        -->
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"
                ignoreCase="true"
                words="stopwords.txt"
                enablePositionIncrements="true"
                />
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1"
catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
words="stopwords.txt"/>
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0"
catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

----
Thanks/Regards,
Parvez

Note : This is a re-post. looks like something went wrong the first time
around.

Re: Wild card search does not return any result

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I doubt it's a bug.  It's probably working correctly based on the config, etc., I just don't have enough details about the configuration, your request handler, query rewriting, the data in your index, etc. to tell you what exactly is happening.

 Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR

Posted by Mohamed Parvez <pa...@gmail.com>.
looks like earlier schema.xml, has some typo.
below is the correct schema.xml

3] schema.xml
<field name="ID" type="float" indexed="true" stored="true" />
<field name="BUS" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<field name="ROLE" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />
<field name="SPELL" type="textSpell" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>
<copyField source="BUS" dest="SPELL" />
    <fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true" />
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1"
catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"
preserveOriginal="1" />

From: Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 8:25 PM
Subject: Re: Wild card search does not return any result