Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2021/02/01 00:16:53 UTC

Re: Getting Started Guide (was Proposed Process for Documentation)

On 1/30/2021 8:22 PM, marcia wilbur wrote:
> Thanks for the resource!
> I am wondering, I know we use styles etc... within writer, but do we have a style guide or a style cheatsheet?
>
> Also, was there a determination on options for collaboration?
> For example, I have marked up portions of the taming document - what is the process for sharing?
> The wiki? Gitbox area?  e-mail?
>
> Thanks,

The closets thing we have for a Style Guide are the following two links.
They are mainly aimed at the mwiki, much of the information in them is
applicable our use as well.
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Help_Style_Guide#Formats

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Wiki_Editing_Policy

As I remember correctly ODFAuthors used the Chicago Manual of Style, or
we could choose our own. Do you know what LO uses for there style guide?

Regards
Keith