Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Met @ Uber" <me...@uberstats.com> on 2003/07/02 02:04:40 UTC

MySQL Problems

Within my action I have a service which connects to a database and
returns a Collection of objects.  The test code runs perfectly, and
continuously.  But when it's run through the servlet it stops working
after a few minutes.  The connection to the database just stops.  But I
can still use the mysql client to connect so the database doesn't
freeze.

~ Matthew
--
Met @ Uber <me...@uberstats.com>
Uberstats

Re: MySQL Problems

Posted by Rahul <ra...@excibir.co.nz>.
Do you have any piece of code ?

RE: MySQL Problems

Posted by "Met @ Uber" <me...@uberstats.com>.
I was putting the MySQL connection info directly into my service class.
So how would I go about grabbing that <data-source> information?  And
I'm guessing it goes somewhere in my struts-config.xml file?

~ Matthew

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 12:06, Chip Paul wrote:
> Struts w/ mysql will drop the connection after a while.  There's on option
> in the data sources config that will make it auto-reconnect when the
> connection drops.  I had to specify this flag in my app or the connection
> would drop after a couple hours and never come back.
>
> <data-source
> 	autoCommit="false"
> 	description="MySQL Configuration"
> 	driverClass="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
> 	maxCount="4"
> 	minCount="2"
> 	password="xxxxxxx"
> 	url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/mydb?autoReconnect=true"
> 	user="xxxxxxx"
> />
>
> Hope that helps
>
> -Chip