Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Joe Niski <jo...@nwea.org> on 2011/09/19 22:44:49 UTC

"activemq-admin browse" and authentication

in ActiveMQ 5.4.2 and 5.5, it seems that there's no way to pass
credentials to the "browse" command - i get an "unrecognized option"
error when i try to add "--user" and "--password". Our broker requires
authentication, so an administrative script i'm trying to write needs to
authenticate (so i can act on a queue based on message content).

Looking at the source for both versions, i see two classes in
org.apache.activemq.console.command - AmqBrowseCommand and
BrowseCommand. AmqBrowseCommand doesn't take user & password params, but
BrowseCommand does. It seems that activemq-admin is invoking
AmqBrowseCommand (and, on the source trunk, i see that options for
username and password have been added).

Is there a way to invoke BrowseCommand from the operating system shell
in AMQ 5.4.2 and 5.5?
--

*Joe Niski*
Senior Developer - Information Services | NWEA™

PHONE 503.548.5207 | FAX 503.639.7873

NWEA.ORG <http://www.nwea.org/> | Partnering to help all kids learn™

RE: "activemq-admin browse" and authentication

Posted by Allen Reese <ar...@yahoo-inc.com>.
You will have to backport this to 5.3.2 and 5.5.

I had the same issue, and fixed it here:

AMQ-3411 | https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3411 | Admin commands which take --amqurl should accept --user and --pass option |

Allen Reese
Core Platforms
Yahoo!, Inc.