Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Myron <my...@gmx.net> on 2013/03/12 18:36:33 UTC

FAIL maven build on failing snapshot update?

Hi All,

is it in any way possible to FAIL a maven build when the snapshot update
fails? Currently, the local snapshot is used silently (forever?)...

Use case:
Update snapshot setting is set to "always";
parent artifact gets released, parent snapshot will be cleaned by nexus job.
But child artifact continues to build successfully forever with old
snapshot parent on buildserver... (but not on a fresh checkout)

> Parsing POMs
> Failed to transfer Could not find metadata
com.mycompany:parent:1.1.1-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml in nexus[...]
> Modules changed, recalculating dependency graph
> [...]

YES, i could set the Jenkins job to always use a private/clean
repository (at the cost of n^x disk space), but... isn't there a
better/easier way to archive that? with a parameter like 'force update'?
(Does the "maven validation level" help in any way?)

How do you handle this?!

brgds
Myron

Re: FAIL maven build on failing snapshot update?

Posted by Myron <my...@gmx.net>.
Thanks Baptiste.
Seems this is the only workable solution so far...
Might do it that way :)

(Just curious; since Maven is already able to detect this "error" why
couldn't we implement a real error for that?
But i guess, i know to less to cite that; dunno if that would break a
clean multimodule build, or other things...)
Anyway... thanks :)

brgds
Myron

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.