Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Laurent Duperval <ld...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/06 17:48:37 UTC

What is halting my action?

HI,

While tracing my application, this is the debug output I get:

[DEBUG] RequestProcessor - Processing a 'GET' for path '/mainHardwareProfile'
[DEBUG] ActionConfigMatcher - Attempting to match '/mainHardwareProfile' to
a wildcard pattern
[DEBUG] BeanUtils - Cloning bean: org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping
[DEBUG] RequestProcessor -  Looking for Action instance for class
com.fleetmind.tmenterprise.struts.actions.HardwareProfileAction

Here, it just stops and I don't understand why. I've got the following in my
struts-config.xml:

<action path="/main*"
type="com.fleetmind.tmenterprise.struts.actions.{1}Action" scope="request"
parameter="foo">
			<forward name="main" path="/manage{1}.jsp" redirect="false" />
		</action>

The "foo" parameter should actually read "add". I changed it to see if my
class was being called and it isn't. Otherwise, I would get a
NoSuchMethodExcpetion. My class is defined as:

public class HardwareProfileAction extends MappingDispatchAction

Does anyone know what could be the problem here? I'm using Struts 1.2.4 with
Tomcat 5.0.27. I don't see any exception anywhere in the logs. It looks like
it just isn't finding my file and dying gracelessly...

Re: What is halting my action?

Posted by Laurent Duperval <ld...@yahoo.com>.
Laurent Duperval wrote:

> The "foo" parameter should actually read "add". I changed it to see if
> my class was being called and it isn't. Otherwise, I would get a
> NoSuchMethodExcpetion. My class is defined as:

Grmblbllll. I found it. There was an execute() method in the class and if
that method exists, it is called instead of the one in the actions
parameter. Changing its name took care of the problem.