Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Vinod Soni <vi...@btinternet.com> on 2001/11/29 14:37:06 UTC

Gettting Parsing Error

Hello,

I am getting the following exception when trying to call a server SOAP component with my client. Can anyone help me with this ?

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Parsing error, response was:
The root element is required in a well-formed document.; targetException=org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The root element is required in a well-formed document.]
 at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:250)
 at com.vizzavi.soap.TestSoapClient.main(TestSoapClient.java:66)

Cheers,
Vinod.

RE: Gettting Parsing Error

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.
Your error comes from the client side because the server got some error
that prevented it from sending an XML message.
You need to look at the actual message from the server to figure out
what went wrong. The TcpTunnelGui provided with Apache SOAP will work or
you can download my UtilSnoop program from here:
http://www.lanw.com/books/javasoap/default.htm

RE: Gettting Parsing Error