Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by John Randall <Jo...@parago.com> on 2008/05/21 23:19:39 UTC

velocity logging

I just updated to Velocity 1.5 and I am using the Log4JLogChute as my logsystem class. I am wanting to use the default configuration.  The issue I am having is my velocity.log file max size is around 120KB before it starts over.  How can I increase the file size to 25MB using velocity.properties?

Snippet of my velocity.properties file:
runtime.log.logsystem.class = org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.Log4JLogChute
runtime.log.invalid.references = false

* Changing this size doesn't seem to help within my application
runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.file.size=2500000

Thanks,
John

Re: velocity logging

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
John,

Thanks for letting us know what worked!  In the archives now for those
hitting a similar issue.

WILL

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 3:33 PM, John Randall <Jo...@parago.com>
wrote:

> I looked in the Log4JLogChute class and found the
> appender.setMaximumFileSize(100000) that explains the file size.  I have
> defined the property runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.logger in
> velocity.properties with my logger and no longer use the runtime.log
> property.  Works like a charm.
>
> -john

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain