Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by solr2020 <go...@cognizant.com> on 2017/06/02 13:12:37 UTC

Zookeeper 3.4.9 platform support for windows in production

Hi ,

In zookeeper official documentation it is mentioned as nativeclient and
contrib is not supported for windows platform. Can anyone tell me the use of
native client and contrib in zookeeper please?

Support Matrix
Operating System	Client	Server	Native Client	Contrib
GNU/Linux	Development and Production	Development and Production	Development
and Production	Development and Production
Solaris	Development and Production	Development and Production	Not Supported
Not Supported
FreeBSD	Development and Production	Development and Production	Not Supported
Not Supported
Windows	Development and Production	Development and Production	Not Supported
Not Supported
Mac OS X	Development Only	Development Only	Not Supported	Not Supported

Thanks.

Re: Zookeeper 3.4.9 platform support for windows in production

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
I have used the native (C) client on windows extensively, but it is correct that we have never promised that as a community we support it. I don't know about contrib, though. I have never tried any of that on windows.

-Flavio