Posted to user@roller.apache.org by mikec <mc...@xeroxlabs.com> on 2006/12/11 03:31:18 UTC

no register link on frontpage

We've just upgraded from 2.3 to 3.0 and it appeared to go smoothly except for
a couple of minor problems with the front page.

I've created a new front page using the frontpage template. It looks fine
except that the Register link is missing and I'v noticed that after logging
in the front page always displays the login link instead of logout(or should
it?).

I have the "Allow New Users" property set in the admin configuration page.
And this is set to true in the roller_properties in the database.

What would be causing this?

Re: no register link on frontpage

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 12/13/06, mikec <mc...@xeroxlabs.com> wrote:
> While we're at it, isn't the User Guide link in footer wrong? I changed it
> to this.
> http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UserGuide

Thanks. I committed a fix for that.

> And didn't the weblog name instead of the user name used to show up in the
> Hot blogs list? I changed that to this.
> <li> $url.site/$blog.subjectNameShort $blog.subjectNameLong
> ($blog.subjectNameShort)  | $blog.count</li>

That is intended. A weblog can have multiple users.

- Dave

Re: no register link on frontpage

Posted by mikec <mc...@xeroxlabs.com>.
I ended up doing something like that.

I added this to the header template which displays the login or logout link
and checks the site config to see if registration is enabled.

#if( $utils.isUserAuthenticated() != true)
$url.login Login
#else
$url.logout Logout
#end
#if ($config.registrationEnabled == true)
|  $url.absoluteSite/roller-ui/user.do?method=registerUser Register
#end

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
And FYI: Frontpage theme should include a register link
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/roller/browse/ROL-1317

- Dave

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.