Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM> on 2009/02/18 14:18:06 UTC

Can bundle without Bundle-SymbolicName be installed?

Hi,

In section #3.11, R4 spec says that a bundle must not be allowed to be
installed if Bundle-SymbolicName is missing. It is not clear if it is
only applicable to R4 or higher bundles or to R3 bundles as well. I
tried to look for similar information in R3 spec, but could not locate
it. Appreciate if someone can clarify the same.

Thanks,
Sahoo

Re: Can bundle without Bundle-SymbolicName be installed?

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/2/18 Sahoo <Sa...@sun.com>

> Hi,
>
> In section #3.11, R4 spec says that a bundle must not be allowed to be
> installed if Bundle-SymbolicName is missing. It is not clear if it is only
> applicable to R4 or higher bundles or to R3 bundles as well. I tried to look
> for similar information in R3 spec, but could not locate it. Appreciate if
> someone can clarify the same.

R3 bundles (ie. Bundle-ManifestVersion: 1) do not have a symbolic name
and can still be installed - note also that R3 bundles automatically imply
an
import for any export, assume a single class space, have limited attributes
(basically just the version), and no directives

BTW, section 3.11 also states

   "Release 3 bundles must be treated according to the R3 specification"

which I read as saying follow the R3 (ie. not R4) validity rules for R3
bundles.

HTH

Thanks,
> Sahoo

Cheers, Stuart

Re: Can bundle without Bundle-SymbolicName be installed?

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
It pertains only to R4 bundles.

-> richard