Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Márton Szabolcs <ms...@freemail.hu> on 2007/05/29 12:02:08 UTC

tomcat comet, not working...

Hi!

Ive been trying to use tomcat comet for about a week, but i have no success.

I have tomcat 6.0.13, with windows xp. I install the tomcat, change the server.xml connector tag to NIO connector type. Test the chat example, and another example (push a date to the client every x sec.)

But its seems that comet is not working.
If i implement the servlet service method, it is runned. And its run like a normal servlet (I implement the CometProcessor, and i have the event method!!)
If i no implement the service method, my browser says "this url.. cannot acces... GET methdod) or something like this.
So it is never get processed like a comet request.

What else do i need?
what is wrong?

i tryed without js client. When i call servlet, it will not close the connection, just keep. so its should work.

I search google all around the world, nothing found, not even a working example.

Please help me...

thanks
Szabi

35% kedvezmény a Partvonal Kiadó köteteire - hogy minden olvasó kézhez kapja a maga könyvét.
http://ad.adverticum.net/b/cl,1,6022,172067,232579/click.prm

Re: tomcat comet, not working...

Posted by "Mr. Steve Burrus" <bu...@swbell.net>.
forgive my ignorance please, but what exactly is tomcat comet anyway?? I
have never heard of it before so "enlighten" me about it.

Re: tomcat comet, not working...

Posted by Bernd Winterstein <be...@googlemail.com>.
Can you send me your examples?

Bernd