Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Bob Byron <bb...@radit.com> on 1999/11/12 19:10:11 UTC

Tomcat and non ".jsp" files

Does Tomcat only process ".jsp" files?  I am trying to display just the
standard index.html file and nothing shows up.  Actually, none of the
".html" files are found when I try to access them via a browser.  However,
when I enter any ".jsp" file, Tomcat finds it and processes it just fine.
All of the html, gif and jsp files are in the same directory.

1) How do I get Tomcat to process ".html" files.

2) When my ".jsp" files do display, they are currently without ".gif" images
on them.  Anyone know how to get the images to display?

Bob Byron
RAD Systems, Inc.
www.radit.com
(972)516-4256

Re: Security Implementation

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cm...@mytownnet.com>.
Brill Pappin wrote:

> Hi all,
> A little while ago, there was a need for someone to take on the Security
> module for Tomcat...
> has that torch been taken up yet?

That proposal was mine.

The current state of the work is in two new packages that are not yet
integrated with the core:

    org.apache.tomcat.security
    org.apache.tomcat.security.file

with the basic idea that the existing RealmSecurityConnector interface will
be replaced by a ServiceInterceptor implementation (called
SecurityInterceptor) to enforce the security restrictions, and a pluggable
RealmConnector interface that lets you attach the security architecture to
any of a variety of security technologies (like a JNDI-accessed directory
servier, a JDBC-accessed database, or something custom to your own legacy
environment).

The current code has a lot of "XXX" comments where things need to be
fleshed out, but you can see the direction I've been heading.

Craig McClanahan

Security Implementation

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@jmonkey.com>.
Hi all,
A little while ago, there was a need for someone to take on the Security
module for Tomcat...
has that torch been taken up yet?

- Brill Pappin
  www.jmonkey.com

Re: Tomcat and non ".jsp" files

Posted by James Todd <jw...@pacbell.net>.
hmmm ... i  believe geoff souter ?sp? was working/addressing/identifying
a "url decoding" item with tomcat. this sounds like the same item to me.

- james

Re: Tomcat and non ".jsp" files

Re: Tomcat and non ".jsp" files

Posted by James Todd <jw...@pacbell.net>.
check out the "url-pattern" section of the web.xml "web application
deplopyment descriptor" file. more info on this topic can be found
in the servlet 2.2 spec:

    http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.2

and possibly in the apm and j2ee docs.

<from memory>
    you may have to redefine the "jsp servlet" entry [ which sucks ] from
    the org.apache.tomcat.deployment.web.xml file and add the associated
    url-pattern attributes.

    once tomcat can "aggregate" context specific web.xml data with the
    core/internal data one shouldn't have to "redefine the whole thing"
    just to add attributes.
</from memory>

hope this helps,

- james