Posted to dev@senssoft.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2018/02/21 04:17:46 UTC

Should UserALE.js build directory reside in SCM?

H Folks,
I deleted this directory locally before I pushed the 1.0.0 RC#1 due to the
fact that, IMHO it should not reside for the *-src artifacts. If someone
wishes to draw from a *-src artifact, then they should use 'npm run build'
or 'npm install' to install the UserALE.js artifact(s).
Any comments?
Thanks
Lewis

--
http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/
http://people.apache.org/keys/committer/lewismc

Re: Should UserALE.js build directory reside in SCM?

Posted by Rob Foley <rf...@apache.org>.
I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to when you say "this
directory". If you mean the build directory, I think it'd be useful for
people to have that available, otherwise they'd have to build from source
any time they pull from npm, which is fairly atypical. I'd be open to
arguments about that though. Usually, the "package.json" file specifies a
"main" file which is to be considered the entry point when being imported
externally. We should change this to be built file.