Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io> on 2016/06/02 20:58:39 UTC

build error with development branch...

Hi Devs,

Anyone seeing this issue:

:geode-core:compileTestJava/export/india1/users/agingade/src/gemfire/open/geode-core/src/test/java/com/gemstone/gemfire/management/internal/security/MultiUserDUnitTest.java:62:
error: reference to invokeAsync is ambiguous

    AsyncInvocation vm1Invoke = vm1.invokeAsync("run as data-reader", () ->
{

                                   ^

  both method invokeAsync(String,SerializableRunnableIF) in VM and method
<T>invokeAsync(String,SerializableCallableIF<T>) in VM match

  where T is a type-variable:

    T extends Object declared in method
<T>invokeAsync(String,SerializableCallableIF<T>)

/export/india1/users/agingade/src/gemfire/open/geode-core/src/test/java/com/gemstone/gemfire/security/templates/LdapUserAuthenticator.java:89:
warning: LdapCtxFactory is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a
future release

com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.class.getName());

                                                              ^

Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

1 error

-Anil.

Re: build error with development branch...

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io>.
Hmmm, never see that before. which version of java are you using?

--
Cheers

Jinmei

Re: build error with development branch...

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.
Devs, Thanks for the help and pointers...

-Anil.

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <uk...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <uk...@pivotal.io>.
I think that you getting this because vm1.invokeAsync(... seems to need
to return something but it does not.

Maybe remove the 'AsynInvocation vm1Invoke =' part... As it serves no
purpose here.

--Udo