Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Knut Urdalen <kn...@php.no> on 2009/04/27 23:22:54 UTC

Re: Tasks to be done at Log4PHP

Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> I have found a todo list in the source code, but i am unsure which of
> these tasks are completed or still open, since the last modification
> has been done before 14 months.

Hi Christian,

Yes, I wrote a TODO-list [1] with some initial thought on the way
forward when I was working on log4php. None of these items is completed.
I checked in the file in order to share my thoughts on things we could
work one.

Mostly everything in the TODO-list comes from my investigation in
features that seemed to be available in log4j but not in log4php and a
few of them I think I made up.

I think it's a good idea to both go through this list and have a look at
what we want to improve on the existing code base and create tickets in
JIRA for all the tasks.

Regards,
Knut Urdalen

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/log4php/trunk/TODO?view=markup